Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goodbye London







Now its 21:21 pm in Oxford Street in London, and tomorrow I will conclude my short visit to United Kingdom.
Here, from my hotel room window I could see Marble Arch Monument in Hyde Park at the western end of Oxford Street. This monument refers to the area of west London where the arch was situated. Historically, only the Royal Family and the king's troop were allowed to cross here, but now its open to people. Actually, the arch was moved here in 1851 from its original location in Buckingham palace.
The most important event this night is Valentine day, this street is crowded as it never been since I arrived here, thousands of couples spending their love day right here.
I stayed here for 9 days and I could tell that I did not feel strange in this city. London is very beautiful city and there are many many things to do but you need much time to discover it like.
London Eye, Parliament Square, Pig-pen, Buckingham Palace, Thames River, Regent Park, Tower of London and more are only some of the city landmarks.I would like to come again to have a chance to see more in this city and other cites in England

No comments: